Friday, March 20, 2009

Chalk

I really enjoyed watching Chalk. At first I was a little confused on why these teachers were acting this way, but I caught on and noticed that it was supposed to be like that. I realized that teachers do really have a hard job. It is not easy to just make up a plan and teach it. You have to go over what you are doing before you can actual teach it or you will make yourself look stupid as did one of the teachers. He was really sarcastic and told the students to not be as smart as him so that he looked good in front of the class. I feel that since it was the first year for some of the teachers, it was probably pretty hard. They didn't understand the teaching curriculum and all they wanted was the students to like them. They did not really know how to teach. They just kinda threw stuff together and taught whatever. I also kind of felt bad for these teachers because they did not have a clue what to do. They were mean to the kids, but all they wanted to do was be a good teacher. They really tried hard to be great, but it just was not for them. This movie gave me some insight on what to look for when I become a teacher, and what not to do because it is not allowed. These teachers have a lot to work on before they become a real teacher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwyLP6KKPKE

1 comment:

  1. Tay- I agree... I really enjoyed watching the movie as well but initially was confused!! I found the sarcasm funny! I agree also that the first year for any teacher is probably the hardest. I think that it takes a while to adapt to the environment and students!

    ReplyDelete